Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Presentations

All of the group presentations during class time were excellent and provided us with some important information to take with us into our teaching careers. The internet good bad and ugly was a presentation that provided us with a little humor to go along with the information given to us. I enjoyed how the guys put it together and outlined the different points we need to be aware of on the internet. This presentation reinforced the points about what we need to be cautious about when using the internet when it comes to plagiarism, e-bullying, etc. It is good that we are aware of the cautions to go along with the good points so that we are able to help our students along the way.

The personal ICT devices presentation was a good lead in to our own presentation about cell phones. There was certain information about I pads, I pods and Smartphones that I was not aware of. I am glad the the guys outlined the differences between all of the persona devices so that we were able to see some of the benefits and downfalls of each. I liked how they rated each device on a scale so it was easy for us as the audience to compare the results.

 Filtering and Blocking of websites is an issue that most of us are going to have to deal with in the near future. This is something that unfortunately most school divisions take very seriously and it is to bad because it does limit our options when using technology in the classroom. I liked how the girls outlined the blocking process and gave us some tips to find our way around some of the filters. These tips will be quite valuable when heading out to our placements I'm sure!

The social networking presentation was a pleasant surprise as I was introduced to a couple of websites I was not familiar with at all. I was impressed especially with the stumbleupon.com website. This was something that I heard of in the past but had not yet used. It looks like it is a good tool for sharing sites and finding information that could be valuable in the classroom. The best thing about most of these sites is that they are free which is a bonus.

I am glad we were able to take some time and break down some of the areas we have learned about and present the information to our classmates. It is information that I will take with me as I leave the faculty and move forward with my career. Thank you class!

No comments:

Post a Comment